Friday, May 6

Ted to Run!

Back in November when I started this blog, I had the intentions of morphing it into a site in support of my Congressman, Ted Strickland, when he decided to run for governor. I interned in his office in Boardman, OH in the Summer of 2004, when he was actively traveling across the state to weigh his options for a possible gubernatorial run and I thought he would run for sure. So, I made this site in hopes of supporting his run.

In January, Strickland announced that he would not run for Governor. The move was looked at as opening the door for fellow Congressman Sherrod Brown to run with Strickland's support. Brown has since rejected the opportunity to run. That allowed Strickland to reevaluate his chances in the gubernatorial race of this great state. After careful consideration, Strickland has informed Ohio Democrats (and the rest of the world) that he will indeed run for Governor of Ohio in 2006.

This site will now and for the rest of the future be bent towards supporting Congressman Strickland's run. However, I will cover all aspects of the Ohio Gubernatorial race, as I planned to all along. 2006 is the best possible opportunity for Democrats to reclaim a position which has alluded them for sixteen years. The law of averages tells us we have to win one of these times. With the close 2004 election results and the brutal pounding GOP candidates will take in the primary against each other, Democrats are poised to reclaim the Governor's mansion. I believe that Ted Strickland offers Democrats the best possible chance to do just that.

Watch this space in the future for many more updates about the race. And, Go Ted Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home